Proverbs Study no.1….gaining more wisdom!
I'm excited to journey through Proverbs this month by reflecting on one proverb each day! So anticipating God's direction through this study and looking forward to great blessings! If you didn't checkout my last post, the month of May I'm working on being more consistent and I love that this study will keep me accountable each day as I share via blogging weekly (on Saturdays) and instagram! Please join me and use hashtag #proverbs31living [av_icon_box icon='ue81d' font='entypo-fontello' position='left' title='Week no. 1 questions' link='' linktarget='' linkelement='']
- Define in your own words what "Wisdom" means to you?
- What does it mean to fear the Lord?
- What is one thing you can do today to show more honor and obedience to God?
- Why is it essential for us to truly listen to God?
- What is your reaction when God disciplines you?
So let's dive into what I've learned this week:
- The purpose of Proverbs is to impart wisdom for godly living.
- The foundation of knowledge: honor and respect for God, live in awe of his power, and obey his word.
- It's important to teach and show reverence to God in front of our children, family, and others. They will catch your attitude and in return live godly lives.
- To receive God's advice, I must listen and let go of pride.
- Wisdom comes as a gift from God and through the result of seeking it.
- True Wisdom = God wants us to be persistent and consistent.
- Wisdom doesn't happen automatically....it's a process of growth - honoring God, staying in the word, making right choices, and if we fail....learn and recover.
- I'm seeking daily to fill my mind with God's Wisdom and my heart with his love.
- By keeping God's word work, I receive favor from him and others.
- Every part of me has to transform to an energy in which its only function is to trust in God.
- Give God my best....he will give me his best!
- God corrects us out of love so that we can grown and develop...our faith journeys.
How was your study this week? Will you use what you learned to live more intentional each day? Looking forward to sharing next week!
[av_hr class='short' height='50' shadow='no-shadow' position='center']
[av_promobox button='yes' label='Let's Shop for Mom!' link='manually,http://www.chamelscreations.com' link_target='_blank' color='theme-color' custom_bg='#444444' custom_font='#ffffff' size='large' icon_select='yes' icon='ue807' font='entypo-fontello'] ***Mother's Day Sale....enjoy 25% off your order this weekend...because Moms Rock! Gift your mom, a mother, or even yourself a unique and encouraging gift this year! (expires 5/4/14 at 11:45 p.m. CST...no code needed)*** [/av_promobox]