Proverbs Study no.2 - Being a woman of Character
This week's study has been awesome! I'm filled with joy knowing that I'm striving each day to start my day out in the word of God. How has your study been thus far? Has being in the word helped you with clarity? I loved how this week's theme of wisdom was depicted between the comparison of a woman of character versus an immoral woman. God is amazing how he uses this symbolism to help us understand his word. Basically, we can either live right or wrong....live godly or of this world? Which will you choose? [av_icon_box icon='ue81d' font='entypo-fontello' position='left' title='Week no. 2 questions' link='' linktarget='' linkelement='']
- What choices can you make today to live more godly?
- How can you obtain wisdom? (Read James 1:5)
- What "worldly temptations" do you need to stay away from?
- Is there a sin that you need to make a clean break from? (Spend some time in prayer about this sin)
- How would you define "godly"? Is it living a perfect life or a life striving to know and obey God?
What I've learned this week:
- Wisdom should be encouraged by parents...passed on from one generation to another.
- Wisdom is a daily process....choosing to live right or not.
- Keep your eyes fixed on God and the goal.
- Listening to instructions leads to discernment.
- Prepare for temptation by deciding now how you will act when you face it.
- God wants us to be faithful in our marriages.
- Don't let God's best for you be wasted on the illusion of greener pastures somewhere else.
- Have to act responsible with finances.
- Don't rest when you should be working.
- God's law helps us from destroying ourselves and running ahead of God's timetable.
- Combat temptation by keeping your life full of God's word and wisdom.
- Learn the strategies of temptation and run away!
- Avoid sin by guarding your mind.
- Today's thrill may lead to tomorrow's ruin.
- Open all corners of your life to God's direction and guidance.
- Love for God and love for evil can't coexist.
- Joy comes from having wisdom.
- Wisdom lacks nothing....it is perfect!
- Wisdom appeals to the mind, while folly appeals to the senses.
- Don't let anything become more important than your search for God's wisdom.
- Godly living brings lasting happiness.
- Living godly means loving the Lord and seeking to follow him. (This can be achieved through the Holy Spirit!)
- See time as God's gift and seize your opportunities to live diligently for him.
- When storms of life comes....stand firm in God...he is your foundation.
Remember that I would love to hear how this study is helping you and use hashtag #proverbs31living. Enjoy your weekend and let's expect greater for next week!